If your cat needs to take a pill, these instructions are guaranteed to make you chuckle and stop you wanting to strangle the little furball …
These instructions have been around for a while but I was reminded of them the other day when I bought some worm pills for my four bruisers (see pictures). I thought I would share them with you now, so you can think of Suze going through this agony four times over and laugh yourself silly…
1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw chewed-up pill away.
4) Take new pill from container, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call friend.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get friend to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down, remove ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from container. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Staffordshire figurines from window sill and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel and get friend to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply antiseptic solution to friend’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus booster. Throw T-shirt away and fetch clean one from bedroom.
12) Phone emergency services to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed her car into her own fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from container.
13) Tie cats’ front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, hold cat’s mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour pint of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Get friend to drive you to hospital, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture store on way home to order new table.
15) Arrange for local humane society to collect cat. Phone local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
For some more smiles from Suze (instant downloads)…
“The English Language Joke book”…hundreds of laughs about this crazy language of ours
“The Bumper Book of Business Jokes“…over 500 wicked laughs about the workplace
“How To Smile Through Cancer“…a cancer survivor’s journey of life and laughter