Getting good business blog ideas is becoming an increasing headache for many business people. In this series, we take a look at some key areas of inspiration to help trigger ideas for your next blog post. This time, we look at your readers’ emergencies.
This one should generate some good business blog ideas for you because chances are you deal with your customers emergencies already and very efficiently too! However you want to remind them of how knowledgeable you are and also to reassure prospective customers or clients that you have the know-how to deal with any issue that might arise as and when they put their business your way.
Truly big-time emergencies really don’t need too much emphasis in your blog, because it’s implicit that you’re capable of getting your customers or clients out of deep doo-doo should they find themselves in it.
If someone gets arrested and put in jail, a lawyer will know what to do. So will a plumber if a pipe bursts during freezing weather. So will a vet if a client’s pet gets injured.
But what about more subtle emergencies?
Here’s where some well-placed advice in your blog posts can save your customers/clients from smaller disasters and make them thank their lucky stars that they gave you their business, especially as these small disasters are likely to happen when it’s not possible for you to step in right away. It will also intrigue and attract new customers/clients who may well not have seen such useful advice on your competitors’ blogsites.
So, let’s have a look at some examples…
- What to do if a home hair product irritates your scalp
- How to cope when you haven’t got time to wash your hair
- What to do if your hair frizzes up in damp weather
- How to put your hair up quickly for a sudden date
- What to do if you experience sudden hair loss
- What to do if a recording you need has become corrupted somehow
- Basics on how to hook up your recording to a playback system
- What to do if one of your musicians doesn’t make it to a session and you can’t reschedule or afford another one
- Band politics: how to sort out creative arguments
- How to pick an emergency musician to sit in
- How to carry out emergency repairs to costume jewellery
- How to know if a stone is loose in a mounting
- How to guard against bracelet catches breaking
- How to make sure “butterfly” earring backs stay put
- What to do if a favorite ring is too big and might fall off
- How to handle sudden pain
- How to sooth stiff, sore muscles
- What to eat and drink if you’ve overdone a workout
- How to cope if you feel faint while working out
- How to tell if you’re dehydrated
Figuring out some good “emergency” blog posts isn’t difficult. It’s merely a matter of thinking of the problems your customers or clients (and prospective customers/clients) might encounter, and putting yourself in their shoes … how would you feel? And what advice would you feel is helpful right at that time?
That’s your cue to get writing. So, get writing!
For more business blog ideas, give me a shout on email@example.com.
While you’re here, don’t forget to stop by my Bookshop…books and eBooks to help you write better – and to give to friends and family…